Hi there readers!
I’m here with a food related post. I hope you’re ready for this because this is literally the easiest dinner ever. And if you love pizzas, eggplant, cheese, and laziness, you’re going to LOVE this. Buckle up for the easiest and shortest ride ever!
I bring you Eggplant Pesto Pita Pizza. A reaction I had when I stuffed this in my mouth:
If David Tennant had an Eggplant pesto pita pizza in his mouth of course. But, no, really, this was amazing. I don’t mean to brag or anything, I swear. But these were absolutely delicious! You’ve got to try them out! (If you do, let me know!! I’d seriously love to see or hear!)
- pita bread
- eggplant, sliced in 1 – 2 inch
- mozerella cheese
- grated cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- tomato sauce (I used standard pasta sauce *gasps*)
- dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 180 C
- Slice your pita bread through the middle. Get your sliced eggplant.
- Spread some tomato sauce over the pita bread and eggplant
- Place some eggplant over the pita bread
- Place some sliced cherry tomatoes over the eggplant
- Add a small dollop of pesto over the pizza
- Sprinkle some mozerella and grated cheese
- Sprinkle some dried oregano seasoning
- Place these in the oven for about 10 minutes
If you’ve got some leftover eggplant slices that don’t fit on your pita bread, use the eggplant as a base instead and get mini eggplant pizzas!
There you go! Easy-peasy pita pizzas! Healthy (or at least healthier than your average pizza), easier than you think, and yummy as can be.
Using pita bread as the base for pizza was amazing. It sucked in all the flavours and tasted divine!
Have you ever tried an alternative to the average pizza? What did you use as a base? Have you tried a similar recipe? Let me know in the comments below
Until next time,
Are we friends on social media, yet? Follow me to stay in touch!! Send me a tweet, DM, pin or a book recommendation! I’d love to read