Well hello there my lovely readers,
Christmas is approaching at a rapid rate and I’m almost sad it will soon all be over. I enjoy the days building up to Christmas more than the actual day. All of the hype around the holiday is what’s worth it.
Speaking of Christmas day, I’m actually planning a dinner on that day and I’ve been fervently looking for recipes on Pinterest to create the final menu. There will be one vegan among us, so I’m keeping her in mind whilst looking for recipes and ideas as well.
On that note, I thought I’d share the research I’ve done up till now! I made a conscious effort to find vegan dishes, so the ones with (V) at the end are vegan!
(Note: Click on the pictures for the link to the recipe!)
- Feta Spinach Stuffed French Bread
- Cucumber Hummus Bites (V)
- Tomato/Mushroom Bruschetta (V)
- Butternut squash soup (V)
- Roasted pear with walnut and ginger filling (V)
- Maple Parsnip and Chestnut Wellington (V)
- Cauliflower Casserole (V)
- Turkey / Ham with honey/sugar glaze
I’ve got a few options for this one:
Roast Turkey with Pears and Sage
Oven-Roasted Cranberry-Dijon Glazed Ham
Holiday Pineapple and Cherry Glazed Ham
Jamie Oliver’s Roast Turkey
- Carrots and parsnips in orange thyme glaze
- Italian roasted garlic potatoes
- Christmas cake pops
- Cupcakes (V)
- Banana coconut ice cream chocolate pie (V)
I actually made this last year and I absolutely loved it. (And so did my friends!) I got this recipe from Tastemade Snapchat and can’t find it anywhere on the internet!
What’s on your menu this Christmas? Or what do you love eating on Christmas? Do you have any suggestions for me? I’d love to know!
Are we friends on social media yet?